Hey Builders, this is just a small update on our progress for the first-person mode.
Currently, we are gradually rolling out a very early beta version of our hugely anticipated First-person mode. At its current stage, it is extremely basic, and the only thing you can do is “kinda” walk around. When I first created the game, I didn’t vision a first-person mode. I wanted it to be a top-down, isometric experience mainly, but after launch, the requests started coming in, so I tested it out, and it just made sense! I felt so immersed in a world which I had created & built myself that it just had to be in the game for everyone to experience. The problem? The collisions for each object were designed to be very basic & simple, and it worked perfectly for top-down/isometric but not for first-person.
Unfortunately, this resulted in me redesigning collisions for every single object (and there is a lot of them by the way). Fortunately, I have already redesigned most of them, but it’s still a work in progress with additional refinements required. If you get a chance to try the mode, you might notice some invisible things blocking your way. Don’t worry; these collisions will improve in upcoming updates.
What can I do by just walking around?
Well, currently – not much. You can explore your worlds. You might want to go on little adventures by exploring other players worlds. Or maybe try out some cool things like building a maze and then trying to figure it out. Check out the featured world by TOXICJUTZ16 and see if you can solve that maze in first-person.
What else will you be adding?
Many things and stuff.
- Collision improvements.
- Interaction with items and characters in the world.
- Things that go pew pew pew.
- Multiplayer – Explore & build worlds with your friends or strangers.
- Swimming – That’s right. You cannot swim in first-person just yet but this will be added soon. It’s a lot more complicated than it sounds.
- Ride horses, dragons, and vehicles – Yep, soon you will no longer need to explore your worlds on your foot like a peasant.
- Going inside buildings.
- Zombie survival. Who doesn’t like a good zombie survival? Will try and keep zombies looking as friendly as possible.
- And of course any other suggestions by the community.
Will first-person also be available on the PC/MAC version?
Of course it will. Add the game to your Wishlist on our Steam page to get notified when the game is released on Steam. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1077530/BUILD/
I want to download Pocket Build, where do I get it?
Click here for the App Store link.
Click here for the Google Play store link.